Be aware that “nothing that enters cyberspace (i.e., Facebook, Blogger, WordPress, and LinkedIn) is ever completely secure.” Simply stated, there is no guarantee of privacy or confidentiality.
The Integrative Counseling Services, Inc.’s social media is a platform to share information, services, resources, and etc. in relation to mental health. You may be accustom to connecting or relating (i.e., “friend, like, linked” and other types of feedback or responses); however, the sole purpose for Integrative Counseling Services, Inc., Facebook, Blogger, WordPress, and LinkedIn is to provide access to resources, references and possible referrals to today’s challenges in emotional and mental health. Therefore, Integrative Counseling Services, Inc., the use of Facebook, Blogger, WordPress, and LinkedIn will be limited to sharing information, services, and resources.
The following are guidelines to our Community - the social media:
- There is no Privacy or confidentiality in Facebook, Blogger, WordPress, and LinkedIn. Be aware that all online postings, blogs, or chats may be viewed by others and will stay online, in some form, forever.
- Integrative Counseling Services, Inc., will be unable to:
- do therapy or counseling via Facebook, Blogger, WordPress, and LinkedIn
- disclose personal information about its staff and/or clients
- be”friend” or socialize. Both American Psychological Association (APA) and American Counseling Association (ACA) are clear about boundaries between counselor/therapist/psychologist and client (i.e., dual relationship). Integrative Counseling Services, Inc., does not accept friend requests from clients on any social networking site, Facebook, Blogger, WordPress, and LinkedIn. Adding clients as friends on these sites can compromise your confidentiality and our respective privacy and professional relationship. For the same reason, Integrative Counseling Services, Inc., request that clients do not communicate with us via any interactive or social networking websites.
- Do not post your e-mail address, phone number, date of birth or physical address or any other personal information on the Facebook, Blogger, WordPress, and LinkedIn
- Avoid discussing confidential matters in Facebook, Blogger, WordPress, and LinkedIn, even in general terms.
If you should post, be thoughtful, knowing that the “world” will have access. Please do not include confidential, private, or personally-identifiable information, whereby clients or others could recognize themselves or be identified by others.
Disclaimer: Social media such as Facebook, Blogger, WordPress, and LinkedIn are not endorsed by or affiliated with the Integrative Counseling Services, Inc., or any of its staff. By using these social media sites, you are agreeing that you have read, understand, and agree with the site disclaimer.